Welcome to Bowling Highfield Medical Practice
IMPORTANT - Covid-19 Update
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic the practice has implemented several changes as detailed below. These will be in effect until further notice.
- Our HIGHFIELD site is CLOSED TO PATIENTS. No patients will be allowed into our Highfield site under any circumstances.
- All GP appointments will be by TELEPHONE or VIDEO CALL only. These appointments can be booked via our online services.
- For any patients who cannot be treated via telephone or video call, the GP will arrange to see you face to face. All face to face appointments will be held at our BOWLING site on Rooley Lane.
- NURSE appointments will be restricted to urgent blood tests, child immunisations and urgent contraceptive injections. All routine chronic disease reviews and smoking cessation support will be done via telephone.
- No patients will be allowed to enter our Bowling site unless they are attending an appointment or they have been asked to drop off or collect something.
- All telephone calls from patients will be directed to our BOWLING site. You should still use the normal telephone number to contact us.
- All prescriptions will be sent ELECTRONICALLY wherever possible. When this is not possible, prescriptions will need to be collected from our BOWLING site.
- We will not be issuing medication earlier than it is due - there is no risk of the practice or the pharmacy closing, so there is no need to stockpile medication.
Covid-19 Help Agencies Directory
If you need any support during the Covid-19 Pandemic we have compiled a list of useful agencies that you can contact for any wellbeing issues you may have. We will continue to update these lists as needed. Please click the links below for further information;
Help Agencies Directory
Local Services - Help with Food and Shopping
Your Medical Practice
Our eight partner practice offers a full range of primary care medical services to the communities of South Bradford. Our two male and eight female doctors are supported by our Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants in providing clinics every weekday in our two purpose-built medical centres.
The practice has a strong training and development ethos demonstrated by its commitment to staff development and being both a training and teaching practice for doctors, nurses and medical students. This ethos enables the practice to be continually innovative, keeping up to date with current medical advances, and it allows our team to pass their experience on to future doctors and nurses.
We hope to use our surgery website as a way of presenting our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments and details that are relevant to the practice and our patients.
Have a look around our website and please do send us some feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online services and further develop the website to make it a more useful, practical application for our patients.
Below are the confirmed bank holiday opening times in 2020;
- Wednesday 1st January 2020 - CLOSED ALL DAY
- Friday 10th April 2020 - OPEN 8am to 6pm
- Monday 13th April 2020 - OPEN 8am to 6pm
- Friday 8th May 2020 - OPEN 8am to 6pm
- Monday 25th May 2020 - Unconfirmed
- Monday 31st August 2020 - Unconfirmed
- Friday 25th December 2020 - Unconfirmed
- Monday 28th December 2020 - Unconfirmed
Leave a review of our services
You can leave a review of our services on our NHS choices profile by clicking here. We greatly value your feedback.
Bowling Highfield Medical Practice is not responsible for the content of any external websites
(Site updated 11/05/2020)